The Lacuna Festivals are an annual, international, contemporary art festival run in the Canary Islands, Spain by the team behind 'The Lacuna Studios'.
The festivals are run as a not-for-profit artist led event – to find
out more about the studios please click the picture link to the left.
Through the Lacuna Festivals we aim to;
- Promote quality, contemporary (and sometimes challenging) art to communities isolated from mainland Europe which, therefore have limited access to international, contemporary arts.
- Offer something local/translocal for both resident and visiting artists through stimulating local creatives and the local culture.
- To enlarge creative networks and provide a point of contact for the exchange of knowledge, the sharing of ideas and the blossoming of creativity.
- Develop new ways to exhibit, curate and organise large scale arts events through the use of crowdsourcing for ideas, funding, curation, promotion and all other aspects of such events.
- Support artists at all stages of their careers and from all backgrounds. Equal opportunities for everyone regardless of status, income, gender, race, age, orientation, celebrity or fame.
© Copyright The Lacuna Studios